Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?





Last night, I saw it again after many years.
In Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961), a stunning Audrey Hepburn plays Holly Golightly, one of the most classy, stylish and obstinate characters in the history of cinema. George Peppard plays the writer Paul -call me Fred-, who first becomes her friend, then falls in love with her but things are not very easy. Holly thinks that she doesn't belong to anyone but he believes that belonging to someone is the only way to happiness.
But words are not enough to explain why I love this film. It is very much a girls' movie, funny, beautiful and romantic. Especially, the day that Holly and Fred spend together, doing things that they have never done before, is something!(and of course, what can I write about Moonriver, the film's classic song?)

Message of the Day: If some of you out there haven't seen this movie yet, I suggest you do. It will definitely make you go to bed with a smile and feel that nothing bad can happen to you; 'just like at Tiffany's'.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's all cut our hair and get bangs very short bangs on or foreheads

Anonymous said...

I meant our

Andromeda said...

I will cut my hair for sure..but very short:P

Anonymous said...

I can do it for you

Mia Wallace said...

I had the same feeling when I watched Amelie :) (not to cut my hair, although I liked the haircut of Tautou!!!)

margo said...

what about the party scene where this woman is laughing at her image in the mirror at one instance and then later weeping over it? this is such a simple and straight picture of drunkness. i love blake edwards' humour. that's why we need to watch 'the party'. him and peter sellers combined. these are films that i will never get bored of watching. actually i shall bring the film and a bottle of wine, say next week?

Andromeda said...

@Mia Wallace: Yes, Amelie is another great film. Audrey Tautou is lovely as well (perhaps it has something to do with the name after all..?)
@Margo: yes, the party scene is grotesque at some points--almost like a social critique of the decadence of this society- and Holly and Paul are like innocent children in this circle. As for the film and wine, you are always welcome--unless, I invite myself to wherever you will be staying next week..(hopefully, London Bridge;)