Friday, November 24, 2006

On a white background

I still cannot make up my mind whether I like white, winter days or not. And I don't mean white days, because of snow- I mean white days like today: when the sky is so white, that you think that you can touch the thick clouds. Sometimes, I love the melancholy of these colours, some others I feel that I am losing my breath in this white, dull landscape. And I miss the sun.
However, there is one good thing about such white skies: in a white background, the colours of the trees become stronger and more vivid. See, for example, the picture of the tree outside my window; it's getting more and more red everyday. It's almost like catching fire under this white sky and makes me feel alive and warm despite the dull and melancholic winter surroundings.

Unfortunately,though, I know that these are the last days of colour (or shall I say the last glimpses of hope?) before the tree's leaves fall and the white (winter) is no longer a background-but everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

then how do we know you are not a vampire?