Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ladybugs and the End of Summertime


The thing that I love most about my flat is the four windows of my living room. Thanks to these four windows the room is always full with light and I can always find ways to distract myself from work: looking at the neighbours on the left always doing gardening, or hearing the two girls that live in the house on the right shouting while leaving for school every morning-making stories about these people that I see or others that I can just hear passing by.

Today, all of sudden, two of the four windows were invaded by ladybugs- more than 10 ladybugs were walking on the windows staring at me for more than an hour. Of course, this is not the first time that ladybugs visit me (or other insects as well-especially, bees really fancy this place whereas I dont like them!) But today it was as if they had a purpose coming here. Perhaps, as they say, ladybugs bring good luck and I can always think that I will be extremely lucky in the future.

But then again, thinking twice, I think they just came to say goodbye. After all, summertime is over since last night and the light in my room will not be as strong anymore. I guess that from now on, my excuses to get distracted from work will have to come only from people and not ladybugs or other strange visitors on my windows.

2 comments:

PH said...

Although you never know who will come to your window it is indeed more likely that from now on you'll be destructed by people who are present (physically, digitally, or mentaly). What you have to do is ignore us and wait for next year's (lady)bugs... They always bring good luck in contrast with the people who hardly ever bring good luck.

And the irony: Good Luck with your blog! (I really mean it.)

Andromeda said...

I am not sure whether people bring good or bad luck- depends. One thing that I am sure about (and I will elaborate more in a future post) is that each person comes to our lives for a certain reason at a certain time, so that we find out something more about ourselves. Can we ignore that?

Thanks for the good wishes;I am sure that I will leave friends like you distract me (either physically or digitally):)