Friday, April 27, 2007

Radio stories

I love listening to the radio- when I was younger, I thought I could always have a radio-show. Not so much for the music but for the random things that radio producers often say in order to fill in air time, including easy tips for better living, or what I call the ‘wise thoughts of the day’.
Here is today’s example. The radio producer said, quoting some ‘philosopher’: ‘it appears that the average person abandons their efforts the moment that they are closer to success. The people who succeed are those who have the patience and perseverance to carry on even if it seems that every hope is gone; because that’s the moment they are closer to the achievement of their goals.’ No comments.. if that’s what they call philosophy, who am I to contest it? I love radio-stories; they always make me laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very observant as always.

I guess the difference lies with what we choose to be our 'goals' and what the Real goals are/should be.

Now, I am not sure that radio producer went that far On Air, however, isn't wisdom supposed to be found within us?

N

Andromeda said...

well..me and wisdom we havenot met yet but perhaps one day I might meet her and this might be the day when I will become the first WISE radio producer- if ever..