Thursday, February 08, 2007

A white night

03.41
no sound outside
as if someone turned the volume down
I always liked staying up all night when everybody else is sleeping, wonder what dreams they are having
tonight I am awake
and in the darkness I can see pure white
snow is falling softly in the suburbs of London
covering gradually the roofs and the trees
all is becoming white
tomorrow morning people will complain about late trains and problems in commuting
all these I find boring
for me it's only about the joy of watching this silent dance of snow
covering everything
in silence
that's a moment of happiness

I will stay up all night
snow will keep me company
by the first light of dawn
the white of the snow will have covered everything
I will go out
let the snow cover me
dissolve everything
and vanish

03.51 the dance is getting wild
let it go on
in silence

1 comment:

PH said...

'All is quiet on a new year's day...'