Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A bottle in the ocean


Today I woke up and thought of three different topics I could write about in thıs blog. I thought the 'hyper bat-nerd', the icy river and the list of my recent 'discoveries' whatever this might mean. I even wrote the posts but then.
.out of the blue, as always, a surprise made me change my mind. A parcel all the way from Melbourne for me, a 'doctor'..and Elvis Costello and Leonard Cohen and sounds from our Greek childhood and some music I dont know and have to 'discover' - ..and the letter that made me smile and cry at the same time.

Thank you is never enough. A bottle in the ocean for you, for always being here even though you are so far away. For being a real friend, sharing, taking, giving..and silence in the room listening to some song and then you explaining- beauty and happiness is so simple..I just forget..

..she was wrong- she does not discover, she does not achieve or earn- she is, moves, flows, loves and people, real friends, old and new, meet her in different moments- and they simply are who they are, they share in theır presence, they laugh, they cry and then they let her go on- until the next crossroads. Until the next moment when a simple smile and a look in their eyes will make her feel warm.

And the bottle with or without a message keeps travelling in the ocean...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My my ... the ocean is much faster these days, isn't it? Glad you got them ... Hope you like them.
...
I stayed till 9pm in the office. I came home - wife at work. Alone. I made a nice omellette and watched "H Kyra mas n mamn" on DVD. It took me to a different time - one that everything was easy. Where the purpose was to laugh and not to achieve or publish! I put on Katsimixes after 60 years. Then I came to check your blog for inspiration.
If I could choose one moment to live in forever, it would be a summer in Sounion or Kythera and I would be a young kid waiting for his parents. Where did that come from? Miss you.