Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What makes one a grown-up?

A blurred image.
I have spent years wondering
'how and when am I going to grow up?'
A blurred image.
Of my first Christmas tree,
away from what I used to call home.
Now here is what I call home.
And this is the first time I will spend Christmas
at this home.
Is this the end or a new beginning?
Have I grown up after all?
A song
A tear of joy
A smile in spite of pain
A blurred image
of gold, silver and red Christmas lights.
This is adulthood for me tonight.
Merry Christmas to all of you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

to you too

Mia Wallace said...

Merry Christmas honey! Joyeux Noel!! I hope you enjoy your lovely first London Christmas tree!! :)

PH said...

Merry Christmas to you as well my dear friend! I think it is a new start... Good luck with it, and always remember your first tree. Not as a sign of growing up, but as a sign of moving forward. And that is all we need: to move forward. Enjoy!

Andromeda said...

Thank you all. and I hope you have a great Christmas too..
and yes, hopefully in 2007, I will be able to move forward and make a fresh start..always going with the flow because, at the end of the day, life is so simple sometimes..
Lots of love my friends!

Anonymous said...

Day after day expanding the definition of loneliness.

Talking to yourself.
Leaving in the past.
The reassurance that nothing can go wrong there - you survived it.
At the same time knowing that 'he not busy being born is busy dying' (B.Dylan)

Soon the circle will be over.
Soon you will have wings to fly!
Trust me...
Fly! Don't hurry to your destination.
Come and visit us. It will be the best time (can you imagine swimming in the ocean next to a rainforest?)
And the best cafe scene (at least in the southern hemisphere)

What a weird place to leave an invitation!

Happy New Year

N