Saturday, December 30, 2006

Fragments, places, words





Every year
same old habit
putting the baggage of a year aside
the ritual
remembering
good
bad
moments
of the year that is about to go away

every year
same old habit
spending the last 24 hours
of the last day
of the year
playing the game
which word describes each month?
which colour?
what was the best moment of the year?

every year
same old habit
on the pages of green diaries
the review of the year
classifying it
a ‘good year’
a ‘bad year’
‘productive’
‘a year to forget’

every year
same old habit
now on the page of this blog
fragments
pictures of places
each place
a story/stories
to remember
or to forget

but again only fragments

fragments
words that were said
others that were silenced
dreams that came true
those that lasted only for a night
moments of joy
of frustration
loneliness
at a loss
for words, for things, for eyes
brief unexpected encounters
surprises
stories to put myself to sleep
fragments
of myself
a year before
a year after
a year in review
not as easy anymore

pigments of colour on white canvas
and blank spots
and roads that I walked
and roads that I missed
and those that wait for me
in the New Year
and places that I dreamt of
those that I’ve been
and those that I will not return
and people
and moments

all fragments
my fragments
my 2006.

No comments: