Friday, June 01, 2007

Ανασκόπηση


A for Αθέατος βασιλικός μυρίζει..
may the smell of an invisible basil always accompany me, to remind me, to recall, to narrate..

A for Athens, September 2002
‘you are about to embark on a most delightful journey’ read the note in the fortune cookie- a group of four 22-year-old girls cheered and applauded; about to go; the flight was the next morning- ‘that can only be a good sign’ thought on the way back home that night

A for Aldwych, October 2003 and the woman with the butterfly in her hair, in the Cinnamon Bar.

A for ‘αρχή του παραμυθιού καλησπέρα σας’
this is the beginning of the tale; good evening.
the beginning of a retro-month; random notes and memories and stories of the last five years; my five years in the UK which are about to end- in a month from tonight; in this turning point – shall I say ‘watershed’?- I will dedicate posts in June to some of the memories, stories, meetings of these years- forgive me if at times these writings might seem self-referential; in fact, they are not- I am sure that some of you, reading these ‘force-fed’ or not ‘force-fed’ memories, might remember that they were part of them. This is not a retrospect of my greatest hits; it is a retrospect of our greatest hits.

No comments: