Sunday, January 07, 2007

Technology or Nervous Breakdown?

This might seem like a change of tone for this blog but I will allow myself to do it for once.

Today, I want to write about something that might seem small and trivial which, though, is extremely important for me and makes my life a lot easier. I am referring to ‘my precious’ laptop that for the last couple of days, it’s been going crazy, turning itself off for no obvious reason, and making my life difficult. This IT crisis is about to lead me to a nervous breakdown…
Because when you are stuck somewhere in the suburbs of London, without many things to do, and you want to survive these ‘rainy days’, at least what you need is a computer in order to stay in touch with the world. I do not want to list how many things I am doing through my computer, because I know that I am not the only one who lives and works in this way. But just because, I am not the only one in the flat who suffers an IT crisis, I wonder whether the technology breakdown is a sign.
Perhaps, I should stop living that much through the laptop and start spending more time in the real world. Perhaps, I should understand whether I have a software or hardware problem and get it fixed..

No comments: